Raymond Rigat — Clinton, Connecticut Attorney
Attorney Raymond Rigat is an experienced litigator and a dedicated researcher, who will give your case a personal touch. His broad range of experiences over the last 25 years make him the ideal attorney to help you in state court, federal litigation, and in military court.
A Listening Lawyer
Raymond Rigat prides himself on the attention he gives to his clients. He will make the time to really listen to you and understand your needs. A local resident of the Connecticut Shoreline, Rigat is happy to meet you when it is convenient for you, even on evenings or weekends.
Not many attorneys on the Connecticut shoreline have the first-hand experience to handle military court matters. Raymond Rigat served as a Lieutenant in the Judge Advocate General Corps for the U.S. Navy from 1990 to 1993, and as a military court civilian attorney since then. Over the years, he has handled at least 75 courts-martial and 100 administrative separation hearings. Even when the legal matter isn't in military court, Rigat's military experience means he understands the unique needs of servicemen and women in state court.
Judicial Experience, Unique Perspective
Raymond Rigat was a probate court judge for the District of Clinton (Region Six) from 1998 until 2011. He was voted for three times by local Connecticut voters to address difficult family situations. This judicial experience helps Rigat see both sides of your case and anticipate what your judge will think and how he or she might rule.
Zealous But Considerate Trial Lawyer
Just because an attorney is aggressively representing his client doesn't mean he has to be a jerk. When your legal issue is in the hands of a judge or opposing attorney, sometimes it's better if that person likes you, or at least your lawyer. Raymond Rigat is a strong advocate in the courtroom, wooing over judges with kindness and consideration, while at the same time zealously representing your best interests.
Deep Research and Complex Issues
Attorney Raymond Rigat may have gotten a reputation as a good "trial guy", but he is a researcher at heart. The more complicated the legal issue, the more he enjoys his work. He won't be scared off by a tricky legal question. He'll dig in and do the research to provide solid legal arguments to support your claim.
Attorney Raymond Rigat at a Glance
- Connecticut 1990
- Pennsylvania 1991
- District of Columbia 2005
- Massachusetts 2006
- New York 2006
- New Jersey 2006
- Rhode Island 2007
- Virginia 2007
- Delaware 2009
- Maryland 2010
- Mashantucket Tribal Court 1994
- United States Supreme Court 1999
- United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Federal District Courts
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and for Veterans Claims
- Specialty United States Federal Courts
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, J.D., 1990
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York, B.A. in History and Political Science, 1987
- Corporate Counsel, City of Torrington 2012-2015
- Solo Practitioner 2006-2012
- Probate Court Judge, District of Clinton 1999-2011
- Middlesex Community College, Adjunct Lecturer 2005
- Gilbride & Rigat, Partner 1999-2005
- Solo Practitioner 1993-1999
- U.S. Navy, Lieutenant in the Judge Advocate General Corps, USNR 1991-1993
Awards & Recognition
- Connecticut Bar Association Federal Practice Section Pro Bono Award, April 18, 2006
- Navy Achievement Medal for Professional Development, October 15, 1993